Jim, Asset is pretty self contained.  There is no need to retain asset  at
all if your production libraries haven't exhibited any difficulties.   You can
save/delete/restore as many times as necessary and have no impact on  your
production libraries and objects.

This is with the proviso, that none of your production objects exist  in or
utilize objects from the asset libraries.  If that's the case you  should first
shoot your programmers and then moved the objects into production  and
proceed as desired.

Asset is a stand alone developement software that does not require BPCS and
consequently BPCS does not rwuire ASSET.

I hope this helps,

Richard Kent Hamilton
Business Information  Technology, Inc.
Phone (812)883-9180