Compliance is also required for suppliers who are selling materials
to the manufacturers of life sciences products. Should a supplier
not be in compliance, then both the vendor and the manufacturer
face penalties as specified in the final FDA rule.

A two-page summary of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 is available here:
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/FDA21CFR11/source/1.html
That link defines enterprises that fall under the rule's jurisdiction,
interesting excerpts from the rule, implications for IT management,
and how Unbeaten Path can help BPCS users comply.

In substantial ways, 21 CFR part 11 requirements are in
harmony with the alphabet soup of regulations, acts of Congress,
and professional standards which are creating an explosion of
data integrity work for IS departments.

Here's an index to the ten most prominent regulations:
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/ITstandards/source/1.html

Here's an essay about IT security entitled "What Shareholders
Should Know About the Exploding Responsibility for Data Integrity."
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/debriscloud/source/1.html

Peace to you,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International

Toll free North America:  (888) 874-8008
International voice: (262) 681-3151
European contact: (44) 1-737-824248
mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx
www.unbeatenpathintl.com