Are discounts being taken that are contrary to accepted terms?
A lot of companies try to get away with that.
I believe more companies try to cheat on their bills than do business honestly.
Whether doing business with each other, or with consumer customers.
You have to have systems in place to audit bills paid to you, and invoices sent for you to pay.
It is as American as cheating on income taxes and disobeying posted highway speed limits, to violate any rules you can get away with violating. There are a few honest people ... exceptions prove the rule.
Perhaps the terms should be changed to that which management approves of.

Depending on what the company is trying to accomplish by processing discounts after the date that they expire, instead of lying to the people, you could lie to the computer.

Let's suppose the discount expired on May-2 and let's suppose the check is being posted on May-5 and let's suppose it is acceptable to management to violate the discount terms, then instead of having the human being do work that the computer can do so much more efficiently,

change the session date from May-5 to May-2 and process the check as if it was posted a week ago, when the discount was still valid.

You could get IT to get you a CL on a BPCS menu that tells BPCS that 100% of your cash shows up on the first day of the fiscal period, so you not have to sweat discounts except when they show up in a fiscal month after the due month, and this way your fiscal totals are correct for GL, you just ignoring accounting dates within the month.

, you wrote:
When the discounts appear in the ACR500 cash application, I am able to post checks quickly and efficiently. When these discounts drop off, I am having to hand calculate the cash discount and the net amount. I know that they are dropping off because they are past the discount date. This process takes up so much time. (Our due date means that their payment must be postmarked by that day.) Does anyone else experience this? Have you found a creative way to work around it?