We override the printer file with SECURE(*YES) OVRSCOPE(*CALLLVL) and the
report's width and length

                    "Vincent Dsouza"

                    <vincent.dsouza@jotun        Para:   bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    dxb.co.ae>                   cc:

                    Enviado por:                 Asunto:      Print reports >
132 chr
                    bpcs-l-bounces@midran

                    ge.com

                    28/04/2004 02:10

                    Por favor, responda a

                    "SSA's BPCS ERP

                    System"

Hi,

We are running  BPCS ver 6.02 on 820 machine, The max report width setup in
'system control data area'  (SYS041D) is 132 chrs

We have developed many in-house queries where the report width exceeds 132
columns. All queries are run from CL programs.

When these queries are run from the menu, the report width setup in SYS041D
overrides the report width of these queries and the output gets truncated
to 132 character.

When the CL(query) program is executed from command line the report width
in SYS041D  is ignored and we are able to produce reports greater than 132
columns.

By giving the user access to command line we give rise to an security
breach, by granting the user rights to run any program from command line
like (ACR100D1,INV100 et etc).

How can we print reports > 132 chrs from the menu without having to
compromise on the width of these reports and access to command line.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem ?.

Rgds

Vincent D'souza
Jotun UAE LTD LLC
P.O. Box 3671