Milt

Are you suggesting that to end journaling is more difficult than
removing physical file triggers?

Any auditing software worth a dime will be aware when its monitoring
capabilities have been circumvented. DataThread, which uses either
journals or triggers, has extensive self correcting functionality. This
includes immediate notification to supervisory personnel when auditing
is disabled.

Vendor self interest aside for a moment, I agree with you that there is
growing requirement for better controls over the enterprise database,
fueled by regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11,
ANNEX 11, and Gramm-Leach-Bliley. It is more efficient and cost
effective to implement a uniform, configurable and feature rich tool for
these kinds of requirements, instead of creating disparate audits as
each requirement presents itself.

Cheers
Ardi

Ardi Batmanghelidj