Good morning,

Most BPCS shops have decided not to employ vanilla
FORcasting functionality; here are some reasons:
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/bellsbrigade.html

That URL also describes a Bells & Whistles® for BPCS
product that moves sales forecast data from a PC environment
into the BPCS KMR file. The software brand name is:

            Bucket Brigade (tm)

In the PC environment, it's usually pretty easy to allocate
lump-sum monthly quantities into intelligent weekly or even
daily values. With Bucket Brigade, you can then automatically
load that mountain of PC-generated data into BPCS without
key-punching accidents.

An intelligent allocation into smaller sales forecast buckets
enables better quality MRP results. The payoff can be higher
customer service levels with lower inventory investment ---
and a very impressive ROI. The monthly lump sum approach
isn't as good; it deceives MRP into thinking that everything
is needed the first day of each month.

Please consider calling us; we take the tarnish off BPCS:
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/Tarnish_off_BPCS.pdf

Warm regards and God bless you,

Milt Habeck
Unbeaten Path International

Toll free North America:  (888) 874-8008
International voice: (262) 681-3151
mhabeck@xxxxxxxxxx
www.unbeatenpathintl.com