If that's the way that it is then I can accept that.  (I won't like it but
I can accept it.)  But if it grabs inventory from the first location that
it finds or wherever it can then what is the purpose of the location
entered in JIT110 for a particular item/warehouse?  The help doesn't
explain it.  On the surface it looks like it should use that location for
allocations and backflushing.  Does it apply only to finished goods?

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Bird, Richard"

                      <rbird@accurideco        To:       "SSA's BPCS ERP
System" <bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      rp.com>                   @SMTP@CTB

                                               cc:

                      01/27/2004 05:31         Subject:  RE: Backflushed
Location Headaches
                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "SSA's BPCS ERP

                      System"

                      <bpcs-l@midrange.

                      com>

With kits, you have little control over backflush location. BPCS will use
the first location in that warehouse that has inventory. It takes them in
alphabetical order. That's why it's backflushing from DWIP instead of FGDI.
If you run out of inventory in DWIP, it will backflush from FGDI.

Richard Bird
Corp Mgr/Business Systems
Accuride Corporation
Ph. 812-962-5028