Wally:

This is vanilla BPCS logic.  When the new Lot Number is created through
Production Reporting, its Available Date is set to the current date
(1/22/2004) unless there are values input in the Item Master that would make
the Available Date later.  The Allocation logic uses the Request Date when
comparing which Lots to select.  Based on the Request Date of 1/20/2004, the
Lot Number is not yet available so it is skipped.

Your choices are:

1.  Change the Request Date on the Order to be 1/22/2004 or later.
2.  Perform Lot Master Maintenance and make the Available Date earlier than
1/20/2004 or earlier.
3.  Modify the BPCS Allocation programs to use Today's Date as part of the
comparison logic.  That is, if the Available Date is greater than the
Request Date and the Available Date  is greater than or equal to Today's