We are on BPCS 405 CD MM and use Resupply Orders in a highly modified reality.

Our rules for what items are for outside customers, to or from outside vendors, transferred between facilities via resupply orders, this is defined through item type, item class, buyer code, as populated in item master and CIC item planning by facility.

We have some programs we run nitely, that changes the default settings in several files associated with MRP etc. from the forced warehouse on the item master to the warehouse that is correct according to our rules, based on item type etc. We also have a similar modification embedded in the labor ticket input stream, to substitute where inventory gets consumed, according to our rules, instead of BPCS defaults. This way the users do not have to overrule a darn thing, except when they are doing work outside of our normal cycle of operations.

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/

you wrote:
We are on 6.1.2 MM.

*       We ship product from plants and DC's.
*       We use the forced warehouse field on the item master to default the
correct warehouse on customer orders.  This works well.
*       However, for product we stock at the DC's, the plants use RO's to
stock them.  The warehouse on the order line for the RO also defaults from
the forced warehouse on the item master.  It looks like the DCs supply
themselves!
*       BPCS defaults the warehouse from the ship to file to the RO order
header, but it is then overridden by the forced warehouse on the item
master.  Therefore, our users have to override the warehouse field on the
order line for their RO's.

Any ideas?

Mark Richards

Hart & Cooley, Inc.