I have to toss in my two cents here, and please don't misconstrue my
remarks as anything against a particular country, group, race, religion or
ethnicity.  A recent article by Joe Pluta (Where Have All the IT Jobs
Gone?) in MC Mag Online, November 24, addressed what appears to be going on
here.  If you check out Linc Software, they are an Indian consulting firm.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I see it as Linc getting an outsourcing contract and
then trying to find someone to do the work.  They didn't have anyone with
experience, so you get a "functional analyst" attempting to use this list
and the vast experience of its users (some who have probably been
"downsized" by the same companies who are outsourcing) to do their job for
them.  That's why I didn't try to respond to the initial question, and why
I won't in the future, if it appears to be a case of jobs being turned over
to outsourcing firms.
Rick Folsom

                    RKHBIT@xxxxxxx

                    Sent by:                To:     bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    bpcs-l-bounces@mi       cc:

                    drange.com              Subject:     Re: help

                    12/05/03 08:35 AM

                    Please respond to

                    "SSA's BPCS ERP

                    System"

My comment was not directed to you.  The original poster claimed to be a
BPCS
functional Consultant, and that is where my reply was directed.  As I am
also
a consultant and if he was being paid to consult, then I was going to ask
for
a percentage of what he is already charging his client to provide him with
the answers he needed to do the job he claimed he could provid when he took
the
job.  I have no problem providing information for users, and have in the
past,
but it kind of irks me to see a "CONSULTANT" charge people for his work as
an
expert and come to a free board for assistance.  It seems to me the
"CONSULTANT" should have his own list of contacts/resources to provide his
client the
best possible service for the dollars that client is spending with that
"CONSULTANT".

I apologize for any difficulties I may have cause and I hope this clears up

any possible misunderstandings that may have arisen from my query.