Just to shed a little light on this subject. FDA does NOT have a list of
validated ERP Systems. FDA validates the Company's controls, processes and
procedures a company puts in place to maintain and control the system.

When a company moves within the FDA environment one of your earliest task is
establishing a set of controls, who is responsible to maintain those
controls and define the procedure when changes must be made to those
controls, software, hardware etc.

As for the Operating System or ERP, you can either rely on a series of test
the manufacturer of said software has conducted proving the software
performs in a given manner each and every time. However most use the
manufacturers testing as only a starting point and create a detail set of
testing measures better know as Test Cases to prove the system does perform,
both prior to installation, modification, upgrades etc as well as after
developers have made changes to the base product. This however does not
exclude the End User from being exempt from the testing of changes to system
parameters as well.

The objective here is to prove only the changes stated through a set of
specs will perform as stated and not cause any cascade effect to other
activities within the environment.

Hope this helps some in the understanding of FDA Validation.

Jim Buono
Sr. Programmer / Analyst
YCI - IT BPCS Manufacturing Department.
(925) 924-3126