From:   Lmittman@xxxxxxx [SMTP:Lmittman@xxxxxxx]
Sent:   Monday, November 03, 2003 3:08 PM
To:     bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: help with Finiate Forward Scheduling

Mitch:

You are correct.  There is no such switch in BPCS to alter this logic.  I
guess that the real question is:  Why is there an FPO outside of the Horizon?
Usually, FPO's are only scheduled inside the Horizon.  MPS/MRP then will create
Planned Orders just outside.  In this case, you would not have the problem
that you are experiencing.

Depending on your business, there are situations where FPO's might need to be
schedule outside of the Horizon.  You might be planning for a
shutdown/maintenance period and therefore need to schedule production further
out.  If
manufacture using Alternate BOM's or Routings (i.e. with Method Code), you have
create an FPO if you are planning to use an Alternate Method.  There are other
such situations which do create the condition where future FPO's must be
established.

If this situation is typical, then you will need to develop some procedural
checks to help identify when you this condition occurs.  Actually, the MRP
Exception Report or a query looking for expedited FPO messages could be of
assistance.

Les Mittman
BSI Consulting, Inc.
Office:   847-831-9388