Hi,

As I know, BPCS doesn't plan you new order, if you have already one, which
would cover the demand. You need to expedite the FPO as BPCS reccommends.
Then, when you run MRP again, BPCS would plan you a new order for a later
period.

Klara

                    "Damon, Mitch"

                    <MDamon@birdseyef        To:     "AAA-BPCS users listserve"
<BPCS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    oods.com>                cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     help with Finiate
Forward Scheduling
                    bpcs-l-bounces@mi

                    drange.com

                    11/03/2003 04:33

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    "SSA's BPCS ERP

                    System"

On the screen print below you can see that BPCS is not planning an order to
cover a customer shipment.  I believe that this is a result of the F.P.O.
that is being recommended for expediting, is there a setting that will
cause the planning calculation to ignore this or get this demand in to
Finite Forward Scheduling?

MRP300D-02                     Planning/Pegging Inquiry      11/03/03
08:58:37
 Item 260445           +  XXX, nn/nnn xxxxxx, xxx         On Hand
249.000
 Facility 37  +    Class 8A Lead Time   0   0  U/M  CS  Alloc Mfg
.000
 Order Policy Discrete           Lot Size        1.000  Alloc Cus
282.000
 MRP Code M     Activity         Incr Lot         .000   On Order
.000
 JIT Code J Horizon Date 11/04/03 Min Bal         .000    Non Net
.000
 Method 1 Orders Only               Batch        1.000

 Method 2 Orders Consume Forecast    Demand Fence Date 11/11/03   Yield
100.00
 Type DRY FG FRUIT

          --------------Orders-------------- -------Requirements-----

 Action   Ref#    Quantity   Rel    Due Fr Wh   Ref# Quantity   Need
Balance
                                             C283983       24  102803
225
                                             C285392        4  110303
221
                                             C287633        6  110403
215
                                             C289302       56  110603
159
                                             C288963      192  111403
33-
                                             Forecst      183  111603
216-
 EX111403  F.P.O.     1064  112003 112003
848
                                             Forecst      183  112303
665
                                             Forecst      174  113003
491
                                             Plnd RO        4  120603
48 +
      Item = Pack to Order Item

 F1=Help  F3=Exit  F4=Prompt  F5=Refresh  F7=Backward  F24=More Keys

Thanks in advance,
Mitch Damon, CPIM
Planning Systems Manager
Birds Eye Foods, Rochester NY