On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:03:05 -0400
 "Jose Torres" <jjtorres63@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
DeeDee,..........
Simply stated, the prorate forecast will "see" how much of the period has gone by and will adjust the forecast accordingly. You may be under-estimating your demand if you prorate your forecast and Sales wants to push until the last minute trying to make the numbers.

I hope this helps.
Regards,
Jose J. Torres - MS, PMP, CISA
-------

This is a correct "simply stated" statement.
BUT
If you do NOT prorate the forecast, and you sell AND ship
any of the product during the month,
Then you may be over-estimating your demand
because the MRP pgms look at OPEN orders to
"consume the forecast".
If you forecast 1000, ship 400 in week one,
the forecast that you see in week 2 is still 1000.
If you have sales folk that wait till the end of the month
to push to get orders, maybe you need weekly forecasts...
Actually, if you have sales folks that wait till the end of the month you probably need new sales folk :)

Jim Barry