I am doing a proof of concept on the effort/feasibility of integrating BPCS
(6.01.02, MM) with another ERP system.  These two systems are the result of
an acquisition and system consolidation will not occur for a few years.

Background:

Importing to BPCS:

1.      Re-supply order creation/update in BPCS
2.      Transactions (inventory adjustment, re-supply order shipment and
receipt)

Exporting from BPCS:

1.      Re-supply orders created/changed in BPCS
2.      Re-supply order shipments

We are using EDI/ECM and I already confirmed ECM will create a re-supply
order (although it can not update them).  We are not using SMGs.  I have
confirmed through the OGS website SMGs exists for these actions.

My questions are:

1.      I have downloaded information from IBM (BPCS redbook) and OGS.  Are
there any other sources out there?  From OGS I have the user documentation
(introduction, installation, configuration and programmers reference
manuals).  A lot of reading!  I am looking for a high level understanding
(architecture, platforms, etc.), any suggestions on where to find this?
2.      What did you implement and what was the effort/duration/cost
(software, consulting/your time) to get one SMG working?  Ball park numbers.
3.      What platforms are utilized (it appears software is loaded on the
400 only?)
4.      What skills are needed (I saw references to C)

Thank you.

Mark