Ver.6.0.02 full client/server

Well, that is currently the scene here.  That BPCS is being replaced is a
given - end of sentence.  We did not pay our annual "maintenance" fee by
this June 30th because it had been determined that we were not getting that
much value for the money we were spending.

We are currently "interviewing" consultants.  The one we have talked to so
far is a M$ reseller/solutions partner ( I forget the correct term) & what
he is selling is Great Plains & Exapta (?).  Being a sand mining company our
requirements are not very big in the manufacturing area.  What we are
looking for is a good accounting package, a distribution package that will
handle all the nuances of rail & truck freight, & a customer service
solution that would probably be custom written due to all the games we play
- or think we must play.

The thing I really worry about is loosing the 400 as a server but that
hasn't even been discussed yet.  Both of the packages from M$ are SQL based
& with the correct hardware will run on the 400 as a database server.  After
working with IBM gear for the last 37+ years, I'm not exactly happy about
the prospect of not having IBM in house but there still is a long way to go
in our selection process.  In a way I'm excited but I also realize the
amount of work that needs to be done when making a switch.  I was part of a
core team that spent 9 months off site in a conference room pilot getting
BPCS installed & implemented.  That was a lllloooonnnngggg time but was
necessary for our situation.

I will keep the list appraised of our situation.  Keep smiling.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com
dmunro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(920) 361-2388