From: Ruben Mirensky [mailto:rmirensky@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 12:01 PM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: RE: Release PO to self, possible ?

You could indeed use DRP, but that will require
considerable more set ups than using a PO with not too
much to show for it since you don't need to generate
shipping papers, I assume, between one unit and the
other (if you do, that would be the way to go).

To generate a PO the only thing you need to do is
create yourself as a vendor. Only one problem, because
Item Type is in the Item Master, the products will
need to be Manufactured products (so you would
generate Planned Shop Orders when running MRP).  This
will preclude you from setting them up as Purchased
items which in turn will preclude you from generating
Planned Purchase Orders, you will have to generate the
POs mannually.

Regards,

Ruben