We use JIT600 to report SHOP ORDERS combined labor and inventory backflushing.
There are a heck of a lot of options in JIT600 and we not explored them all.
Are you saying that it is possible to report against JIT600 or some other JIT program without using any shop order?

I don't believe backflushing can be reliable for very long without some kind of BOM audit.

Hey John you should has just given me a call on this one. You should consider using JIT and simplify the reporting process using the part numbers as well as what you are thinking about with backflushing. I hope you are doing well!!! Just give me a ring I'll gladly help you through this. If this work is through Zion or Zamar tell Jeff I'll bail him out when he pays his deliquent bills!!!!

Dave

KASP6281@xxxxxxx wrote: Hi.

I am looking at a situation that I do not have extensive experience in right
now. A client has ceased creating and reporting against shop orders. I have
searched the archives and found nothing similar. The client would like to
have accurate inventory and costs, but I do not see a way to accomplish this
without using shop orders or reporting production.

Right now they drive the FG inventory negative and the cost of sales should
then theoretically be accurate. But they also cut back and don't audit the
BOMs in BPCS versus their drawing system that generates separate BOMs, routings
and drawings. This is being done in a mainly build to order environment. I
have considered having the folks here report production using the multi level
shop order release and have the production backflushed, but I don't know what
else to attempt.

Do you have any ideas how to keep inventory accurate without shop orders and
have accurate costs without BOM and Routing audits?

Thanks.
John Kasper
KASP6281@xxxxxxx

Regards,