Can anyone tell me if BOM900 in 405 CD corrects all the IIM fields related to BOM linkages, or if there are any fields that are missed?

I checked the archives and see that BOM900 updates IIM.ILEVL low level code but what I want to know is if it also corrects IIM.INSEQ which supposedly tracks volume of MBM items related to any given item.

We are 405 CD and our situation is that due to long recession, foreign competition, and other factors, we have developed excess capacity and are closing another factory. This means that I will have list of customers whose business was done at facility 30 moving to facility 20, and another customer list moving from facility 30 to 40. We need to write a program to go down the BOM in facility 30, for end items linked to relevant customers, which I can do, and copy those records into the other facility. So basically I will be dumping records into MBM FRT MPN and perhaps the cost files, hoping that a BOM900 at the end of it will fix any IIM fields used for navigating those records.

I can't just substitute another facility for 30 because after I get done with the engineering, other people will be moving requirements so that the production will continue in facility 30 until closure, while MRP will be planning the same stuff in another facility effective some cut-off date.

A related issue is down the road when we start deleting stuff from facility 30. I am hoping that if we blanket delete stuff in facility 30, that BOM900 will clean up our BPCS data base for us when we are finished.

-
Al Macintyre http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/