gmta, Chick

-----Original Message-----
From: bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Chick Doe
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 1:18 PM
To: bpcs-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Then is ISCST updated?

very interesting, i have the same program to check the costs. we are on
version 6.1

i'm pretty sure that these costs fields are updated by the cost roll-up
programs (cst600 and CST500). IFCST is the frozen cost. typically we
only set the frozen standard cost once per year via the cost roll-up.
thus if you add a new part during the year, and do not run the cost
roll-up, you won't get this field updated. we do the roll-up for new
parts in the current costs (set 2) and when we like them we then
transfer them to the frozen set (set 3). we then have a program that
runs each night that takes the costs from the CMF file and updates the
frozen costs in the item master IFCST and the CIC file (ICFCST).

chick doe
barton instrument systems

>>> stagis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/12/03 10:04AM >>>
In a related question:

BPCS 4.05CD

When is ISCST or IFCST updated automatically?  I have a program that
runs
every night, ensuring that bucket 0 equals the sum of the sub-buckets
(if
you will) and then updates ISCST if they differ.