Item type N sounds to me like something you added, or someone filling out screen and put N in as in Yes or No and did not know what was valid. (We have some stuff populated in a conversion with invalid types, classes, the whole 9 yards)

We have item type M T and others that are NOT intended to go through BPCS planning.
We are also 405 CD.

I think of our item types, only 1 2 7 are recognized by MRP.
Another wrinkle is if you are using inter-facility DRP ... a requirement might be showing up as a re-supply order in another facility.

We have run into something similar when an item was not coded as an MPS item.
We have a query/400 that lists all items with customer orders that are not MPS items, because some things get overlooked when adding new items.

Check your lead times. We recently discovered that 2,000 items had been entered with zero lead time, so they were showing up as needing purchase orders for their raw materials the same DAY as we had promised to send them to the customers ... I wrote a quickie program to fix that.

Check the planning dates ... MRP120 I think.
Check CIC on the item ... MRP140 (assuming you plan by facility)

Al Mac http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac

DeeDee,

The Item type is N.

We are also on 4.05CD

Regards,
Ron

From: DeeDee Virgei

Thanks Damon,

We ran in this problem a while back and I'm just trying to recall all the
things we checked;  I believe another possibility is the BOM needs to be in
the same facility that you run MRP in (however the routings don't - they
defaults to blank or global facility)...  We are still on 4.05 CD so this
may be different for V6 or V8...

DeeDee Virgei
Nelson Stud Welding, Inc.
7900 West Ridge Rd