From: Al Mac [mailto:macwheel99@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 21 May 2003 04:54
To: BPCS Users Discussion Group
Cc: Tim Armstrong; Jerry Cooper
Subject: Sales YTD Totals 405 CD

I have been asked for some new reports, with such elements as average
week's sales totals (average in a year of sales) by customer, and perhaps
later by other criteria.
Looking at the Last Month, 2 months ago etc. data, I am also wondering if
that data could go into like CAP bar graph format to see when recurring
customer volumes peak each year.

I am trying to puzzle out the significance of what is in some files I not
mess with very often, such as SSD SSH RCM SIL
We not using all of BPCS 405 CD, just: ACP ACR BIL BOM CAP CST DRP GLD INV
JIT MPS MRP ORD PUR SFC

I can see that some YTD fields are THIS FISCAL since End_Year
e.g. SAL300 for a customer looks to me like LAST YEAR is total of 2002 thru
April so it is like THIS YEAR is total of 2003 thru April, then when we run
INV900 it will put MTD into this year YTD, use bucket 12 for May 2002 into
LAST YEAR YTD, so we continue to compare same months, then drop of bucket
12, move all buckets to the next higher one, and replace bucket 01 with the
MTD figures.  I think that is kind of cool.

But what I am looking for is if any of the YEAR totals is really total of
year ago through last end of month.  I could then divide that by 52 (#
weeks in a year) to get AVERAGE WEEK of sales in the last year to compare
to another report I already created that shows total sales for the most
recent week, through whatever date it is run (date math = last 7 days of
SIL records).  If there is no such field (YEAR = cumulative since a year
ago) then I will have to sum a year's stuff another way.

SSD has cust/item break down whole company (no facility handle) with MTD
YTD fields and the 01-12 buckets
SSH has cust/item and I can get facility from warehouse, but it does not
have the 01-12 buckets
RCM has cust only MTD YTD 01-12 and the PRIOR YEAR total, which is where I
assume SAL300 is getting it
SIL has detail lines billed, going back one year, pricing not cost of sales
... if I wanted total for a month, calendar month would be much easier than
fiscal
ITH_B has cost side but no customer #, although I can get that from cust
orders still open (not a pretty picture) but I not want to mess with ITH
(such a humongous file)

So basically if I not know of a file with reliable perpetual YEAR total by
customer, I will be adding buckets 01-12 to get year sales total.
I also had a hard time figuring out where this stuff is documented.

-
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/
See Al at http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac