Sure Chris,

I use the user defined product codes to limit the security access to
programs placed on what we call the "front menu." That is the menu users get
when they press Enter Rather than F14 to get into BPCS's main system menu.
Basically I decided that UR4 programs would be Financial and UR5 would be
for top management only. I then wrote CL for each report program I wanted on
the menu and named it something like this:

Finance Menu

UR1001 - Item Master Listing
UR5003 - Preliminary P&L

In BPCS security, you can go into user's profiles and identify what levels
each user is allowed to see. You do this by placing a Y in the UR1, UR2
etc... Fields.

So in my example above, I can give all accounting access to the Finance Menu
but only allow the CFO to run UR5 programs. It simplifies menu
administration and maintenance, but keeps the system secure for my user
defined programs.

Hope this helps,

Paul LaFlamme
Manager of MIS