I am pretty ignorant here but note that UPI has a FAQ page of sorts on UCCNet for iSeries 400 and other platforms
http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/UCCnet-start.htm

Basically, if you sell to retailers, or desire to in the future, then UCCNet is important to your business.
UPI is pushing LANSA UCCNet Direct for BPCS/400

My employer has purchased a variety of services from UPI and they have been first rate
-
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/
See Al at http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html

We started implementing AS2 with Walmart and will begin parallel processing
next week. We use Trusted Link version 5.04. We decided to use Trailblazer
Systems' product for AS2. Thus far it has been relatively painless, although
the real test hasn't happened yet.

Mark Bazer
Director, Information Systems
Dyno Merchandise

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Jedrzejewicz

Folks --

Have any of you implemented EDIINT-AS2 or UCCNet on a production basis?

We are being required to implement EDIINT-AS2 by Wal-Mart, and will be
following that up with UCCNet.  We are on old BPCS (4.0.03) and old
TrustedLink (3.2.01), and are struggling as we work on EDIINT-AS2.

Any suggestions, comments, solicitations, etc. would be appreciated.

Tom Jedrzejewicz
IS Manager, Contessa Food Products
tjedrzejewicz@xxxxxxxxxxxx