My wife works in BPCS V5.01. When they upgraded to OS/400 V5R1, of course, they
had the well-known problems whith SQLRPG programs.

The problems, you can remember, were originated because before V5R1, after the
get SQL operation FETCH the return code was 100 if the reading does not succeed
or 0 if it succeed. However in V5R1 a new return code has been added. It is 30
when the reading has been done but with a litle trouble as, for instance,
different lengh fields. The most of programs are build as (in pseudo code) :

    IF Return code is not equal 0 then finish the loop.

Therefore if the return code is 30 (reading has been done), the loop finishes.

My wife solved this trouble doing these two steps:

    She copied the QAQQINI file from QSYS library to QSYSUSR.

    She inserted a new record to the copied file using INSET SQL sentence with
these field values.

            QQPARM => SQL_SUPPRESS_WARNINGS

            QQVAL  => *YES

That new record ovoids the new return code 30

This is only a temporary solution, because I think in 2 or three years, the
QAQQINI new record will not work

Francesc Junyent.

Barcelona