You might mention what version BPCS you on.

Can you find BPCSDOC in your library list (it is a file in one of the BPCS libraries)? I get to it via DOC menu (You need SYS security or other arrangements). Does your version of the BPCS documentation have a section on this?

SSA GT is not the only place that has BPCS Education. If you ask for it, there are several vendors subscribing to BPCS_L that would be happy to tell you about THEIR Education, some of it right on your target topics. Depending on WHERE you are in the world, you may have choice of traveling to a city 500 miles away, or having some expert come visit your site.

I know nothing about ECM, but I did do some EDI mapping on an ancient version of BPCS, and for anyone else doing this I would highly reccommend going to EDI II.
The software we had was totally inadequate when it came to tracking shipments in transit.
. customer's EDI would say what they want in terms of continuing orders, minus received so far, so we had to reconcile their cumulative shipments recieved for the year with our cumulative shipments to them for the year, in which the misplaced shipment in transit was not neccessarily the last shipment, and our fiscal years might not agree. One company's YTD for this reconciliation was from one physical inventory to the next, whose dates changed every year.

You might also visit BPCS_L archives and do a search for past posts on ECM.

Hello everyone I am pretty new to the AS400 world and even newer to ECM. I am trying to use ECM along with Extol and I have been to training for Extol but I am having the worst time trying to get a class scheduled through SSA GT. I have mapped data from Extol into my BPCS tables but I am stuck on how to get data into BPCS (Sales Orders). I have tried to read all the help information that was available but to no avail.

My question is whether or not anyone can lead me in the right direction as far as "getting started' with ECM. This has been very irritating and it is not very productive for me.

Anything would help while I try to get a class set up through SSA.

I am currently trading through Harbinger's Trustedlink for Windows and I am trying to integrate EDI to the 400 where the transactions that I would like to process are:

850's, 810's, 997's and 856's.

TIA

Antonio S