   Try this!

   You are using a specific transaction for this posting an= d you want to
   populate some fields in ith that are not normally populated b= y this
   transaction.

   Create an interactive program that prompts for th= e information that you
   want to load to the ith file.  Use the record f= ormat of the ith as its
   parameter.  Wrap a CL program around this rpg = program that accepts the
   "triggered" data when an "add"= is done to the ith.  In this cl parse out
   the transaction effect. &nb= sp;If the transaction effect is the one that
   you want and the CL program is= being called from the interactive
   environment, call the rpg program to pro= mpt for the data and update the
   ith record.  This trigger will occur f= or every write to the ith but you
   are controlling whether it executesbased = on the effect and the
   environment.

   Good luck!

   Charlie Borill</P= >

   Richmond, Va.

   DeeDee Virge= i <DeeDee.Virgei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   Sent by= : bpcs-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
   03/20/2003 08:56 AM<= /FONT>
   Please respond to "SSA's BPCS ERP System&quot= ;