On a weekly basis, when no other user on BPCS/400, except me on another session WRKSPLF output review, I run the following sequence:

ORDBAD ... a CL program to run a string of RUNQRY reports listing various things that can go wrong with our orders, such as IN USE flag locked up.

SFC990C enter enter
ORD990C enter enter (this one often has ORD991 list of deleted customer orders that some co-workers like to check)
SYS990C enter enter ***
INV971C enter enter (this takes about 3 minutes) ***
INV972C enter enter (ditto) ***
ACR970C enter enter
ACR972C enter enter
MRP990C enter enter

Those marked *** at the end are what we run to fix negatives into MRP or on-hand not add up
Any time grievances about numbers on INV300 or other screens not adding up right, those three become high priority to do just as soon as we can get dedicated BPCS.

I may post other scenarios later.

I am BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at a 405 CD installation.

I run about 1/3 of them on a weekly basis, when no one else on the system.
I ran SYS120 last nite, when no one else on the system, to recover 36 K disk space from deleted records, since I ran it a week earlier.
There is a cluster I run any time the on-hand allocations get out of sync to a significant degree.
There are some that we do immediately after INV900 in the month end check list, only in a month without a physical inventory.
I will check the precise list when I at work (I do my e-mail from home).

However, it is rather critical that we handshake on what applications are operational at our companies. Some of these options might be inadvisable or irrelevant for mismatch of modules.

We have copied several to our own menus since it is critical what sequence they run in.
Menu SYSC is for SYS stuff run on a regular basis.
Menu CLOS is for EOM (Close each month)
Menu FXS is for Fixing things where we give several system helpers access to some tasks but want to keep them off the SYS menus.

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what anyone would recommend for file resets and cleanups.
Specifically referring to the SSAZ01 menu of "File resets and Clean Up.

The only ones I run on a regular (monthly) basis are:

INV970 - Lot Loc. Cont Recs w/o Inv.
INV972 - Reset Inventory balance in IIM from ILI

...and I run them in that order.

I've not yet been frustrated enough to run SYS122. (Clear BPCS Files) <grin>

Paul LaFlamme
Manager of MIS
Kennedy Die Castings, Inc.

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.