From: bpcs-l-bounces+lorrel=gencor.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bpcs-l-bounces+lorrel=gencor.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Al
Mac
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 9:38 AM
To: SSA's BPCS ERP System
Subject: Re: AP Due Dates, 4.05CD

There is a bug in BPCS in which the due dates go haywire every February.

I been expecting my accounting department to notice it and ask me about it
any day now.
Unless they remember this from last year, and the year before, and the year
before.
(Employee turnover of duties and 11 months of not experiencing a phenomena
can lead to memory loss.)

I think of it like an overlooked Y2K glitch that not enough people
complained about for SSA to fix while we were still on OSG, and not last
long enough for the company to want to bother spending good money to try to
get it fixed.

When we were still on OSG, we did get a bunch of BMRs to fix lots of stuff,
and they did fix lots of stuff, but not all of the date problems.  We have
since done some modifications to fix some of the bugs that SSA would have
fixed had they been able to replicate them and comprehend that they are
bugs ... several times when reporting a bug to SSA I would be told that is
how BPCS is supposed to work, like some programs do not round properly, and
give erroneous mathematical results.

>Hello All,
>In the past few days the Due Date on invoices which is automatically
>calcuated from the vendor terms is incorrect. For some reason the
calcuation
>is taking the Invoice Date, rolling to the first day of the next month,
then
>adding the Vendor Terms. Here are some examples:
>
>Vendor Terms: Net 10    Invoice Date: 2/19/03   Due Date:3/10/03 (should be
>3/1/03)
>Vendor Terms: Net 30    Invoice Date: 2/19/03   Due Date:3/30/03 (should be
>3/21/03)
>Vendor Terms: Net 30    Invoice Date: 2/27/03   Due Date:3/10/03 (should be
>3/29/03)
>
>Has anyone encountered this before? Will it take a BMR to fix this?(I hope
>not, we don't have OGS) If so why is this happening now? CAny feedback
would
>be most helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Larry Orrel

>at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

-
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/
See Al at http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Emergency notification (homeland, weather, etc.)
http://www.emergencyemail.org/
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html