I suggest you contact BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html directly and ask which of them can send you some sample pages to help you decide which BPCS manuals are most worth you getting.
You might also ask which of these publications are for V4 V6 V8

I have some sample pages from the BPCS Overview Reference Manual from DS Solutions http://www.dssolutionsinc.com/OverviewManual.asp
I have access to several BPCS Manuals from UPI http://www.unbeatenpathintl.com/bpcsmanuals.html

The BPCS Overview Reference Manual apparently includes
* This program or function updates this list of files (in flow chart format).
* Here is flow of programs used and files updated.
* Major file interrelationships in BPCS data flow ... for each application list others it is integrated with ... what information flows and in which directions
* e.g. Open Customer Orders from ORD to JIT
* e.g. Planned Resupply Orders converted into Resupply Orders from DRP to ORD
* I believe that expressing it this way with the functionality of what is being sent from what application area to what application area is much more important to most users than what files the CO or RO contained within.

This is much more detailed than the UPI diagrams, which focus on the process, so as to teach people how to manage the applications, rather than on the technical file field labels, but the Overview Reference Manual is not for V4, while UPI has both V4 and V6 editions.

You decide which is the right level of detail for your people.

Does anyone have a Visio diagram (or something similar) of the BPCS file
system (V4 or preferably V6) and the links between the files? We need to
put together some training for both technical and non-technical people and
thought this might be a handy resource.

If anyone has such a chart, would you please forward me a copy or tell me
where I might find something?

Thanks and regards,
Michael Eck
Sandvik Material Technology