Mick

I am not trying to answer all your questions here, just clarify what the reports show.

We are BPCS 405 CD on AS/400 and run CST600 regularly by facility for all items.

Our CST600 spool file report lists item/operation summary info when the routings have no run,setup, or machine hours. Sometimes this is deliberate. I think we may need some kind of other report to list the kinds of problems CST600 reports, but exclude criteria for where we do this deliberately.

If your facility/item range selection has no such entries then you get an empty report.
We get an empty report for our Wire Extruder Division.

Our CST500 spool file report lists all items encountered, showing old cost, new cost, and difference.
We can search (F16) for a period (dot) in position 120 (F14) to skip all the lines with no difference.

I would love to have a clone of this report (never found the time to get a round TUIT) that lists ONLY the lines that changed, also to put the changes (from here and from CST900) into a COST CHANGE HISTORY so that we can review an item over time to see WHEN its cost got changed by how much.

-
Al Macintyre
BPCS/400 Computer Janitor at http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com/
See Al at http://www.ryze.com/go/Al9Mac
Emergency notification (homeland, weather, etc.) http://www.emergencyemail.org/
Find BPCS Documentation Suppliers http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/stories/2002/11/08/bpcsDocSources.html

Hello,

We are on BPCS 6.1.01 Unix. CST600 (Load Standards from Routings) will
calculate Labor and Overhead for the parent, but will not generate the
calculation for lower level assemblies.

We have checked the low-level coding and that does not show an issue for the
parent-child relationships being processed.
Not certain that this is an issue, but having read through BPCS-L Archives
have checked the IIM for 'INNCCFG' and all are blank. Per some notes we have
tried to mark these parent and sub assembly as 'Y' in this field. It does
not affect anything and in fact the field is blank when we finish.

Last the spool file shows that CST500 (Cost Set Rollup was run and gives
detail on previous and new costs. The spool file for CST600 gives neither
details, nor any error messages.

Anyone run into this issue and a solution on Unix or 400? Your response is
appreciated.

McK King
Sr. Business Analyst
BWAY Corporation