Dear Bill and Indah.

I knew that warehouse master (IWI) contains the company but it only affects to
GL applications (CLD until V4 and CEA later) in order to post the inventory
movements in the correct company.

Solving Indah’s problem is dangerous and would require several program changes.
Although I have not make a deep analyse I think:

a)    You cannot use each item in more than one company. So you will control it
by business rules (?) or defining a reference field in the item master and
using it to validate the rules fulfilment.

b)    You must change several programs INV90* in order to select a company and
work only over it. In the batch programs you must select the affected
transactions and warehouses using the company in their files and linking them
by the Item master.

c)    In addition you must establish a system control for the closed companies
(by a data area or ZPA or ZCC or a new control file) Besides you cannot update
the date of monthly closing in the system parameters (SYS822D) until all
companies have been closed.

In summary, it is possible but long and dangerous.

Francesc Junyent

Barcelona

++++++