Wally,

1.  When you release a shop order with a phantom item, it should blow through
the phantom item to the components of the phantom.  The only exception, is if
you have inventory of the phantom item.   Does the shop order materials show
the phantom or the components?  If it shows the phantom without inventory on
hand, you have a set up problem.  If it shows the components, then you should
not have a problem.  I believe MRP will create planned orders to drive the
component requirements, but these will not show up on the shop order or PO
release programs.

2.  You can combine both work stations into one work center.  Or you could
also use overlapping operations if these work stations have to remain as two
work centers.  By using negative Queue time, you create overlapping
operations.  Unfortunately, you have to estimate the number of days that
these operations overlap.  If the actual shop order does not agree, you then
would have to adjust the shop order.

Myron Hamilton
COBUS