Paul,

There are two distinct issues regarding your shop order scheduling.

1.  Have MRP plan to start the shop order on the correct date.  This is done
by subtracting the lead time (in IIM or CIC) from the order request date to
arrive at a planned start (release) date.  You can set this lead time to
include any days that you require to prepare for shipping after production
completion.  You should also allow for the time it takes to get the paperwork
and materials to the shop floor. If for example you require one extra day,
calculate the manufacturing time from your routing for a standard run
quantity and add one day.  This will result in the correct planned shop order
start date.

2.  The shop order needs to be completed (in this example) one day prior to
shipping date.  There is only one sure way to accomplish this.  You need to
add one dat move time to the last operation.  This can be done simply by an
RPG programmer.  It may also be able to be done by SQL if you have all
products routed through a single or limited number of work centers.  An
alternative that will work most of the time is to use forward sheduling when
you rel;ease shop orders before the MRP lead time.  BPCS will calculate the
shop order due date based on the routing from the release date and will
schedule completion the day before the request date on the customer order.
The shortcoming with this is that if the order is due within lead time,
forward scheduling will make it finished past due.  Also with this method,
MRP will tell you to reschedule these shop orders to meet the order request
date.

I hope this clarifies what everyone is telling you.

If you need assistance or would like to discuss this, Send me a direct email
with you contact information.  I am a consultant that has implemented several
BPCS systems and would be happy to assist you.  I can also provide an expert
programmer to change your routings.

Myron Hamilton
COBUS