From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com] On
Behalf Of Rob Stagis
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 1:29 PM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: MRP and shop vs. purchase orders

This question stems from a recent problem.  We're on 4.05CD.

Recently, an item was entered on a customer order.  It was coded as a
purchased item, but a shop order was keyed by mistake.  The item then
disappeared from our home-grown MRP system's reports, since the demand
had
been met.

Is there a place, in BPCS, where I can preclude placing the 'wrong' type
of
order?  In other words, if it's coded as a purchased item, will the
system
tell me and not allow (or at least flag as an error) a shop order?

Thanks - Rob