Our materials department would like to enter a stock locator for all part
numbers.  This locator will be a reference field only which would be used for
barcode scanning and various reports.  The purpose of the Stock Locator:
Receiving will know which Aisle, Row and Shelf in which to place Stock and the
material handlers and cycle counter will know where stock is stored.  We will
not manage inventory in and out of these locations.  Materials controls
Facility Planning Data and this would be the ideal place for this information
as materials may enter/update the locator as required.  The locator number
would be 5 characters and alpha-numeric.

Some of the ideas that we currently considered:  Item Notes but this area is
controlled by Engineering.  Drawing/formula field, controlled by Engineering
and already in use.  List/Catalog No in the Item Master but this field will be
used by Sales in the future.

Is there another company that uses something similar to this now?  Does anyone
have any suggestions on where I could store this data?

Current BPCS Version 6.0.04 (Unix).