Da: Eugene Kotlar [mailto:eugene.kotlar@qbscorp.com]
Inviato: lunedi 11 novembre 2002 21.00
A: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Oggetto: Writing file maintenance program with ASSET

Hi guys and girls,

I am pretty new to ASSET and would like to ask for help.  I need to add
an extension to SSM, salesperson master file.  I have created another
file called SSMX (and corresponding logicals SSMX01, SSMXL02) and now
experiencing problem adding code to SAL100D2 implementing update, write
and delete to SSMXL02.  By some odd reason ASSET generates reference to
SSMXL02X, the file I did not created and did not added to data model
SSMX.  In the beginning I thought that it does it because I have some
field names and record format name identical in SSMX and SSM.  I have
renamed it but did not get read of the problem.

Then I've created a test maintenance program adding only SSMXL02 to it.
Another words my new test program has only on file for update.  After
successful compilation it still created my F-spec with SSMXL02 opened
for read, and SSMXL02X opened for update and add.

Question: how do I have ASSET generate only one F-spec entry associated
with the file (in my case it is SSMXL02) I would like to maintain in my
program?

Thank You,

Eugene Kotlar
Account Manager