Tony:

I suspect you have a small challenge in attempting to count number of times
an item was out of stock.

But more importantly, are your planners interested in knowing the out of
stock condition for customer orders or for raw materials?

I'm going to assume customer orders, which brings up another issue:  out of
stock when the order is booked or when the order is picked?
And if it's "when booked" is this count of any real value?  If a customer
provides a blanket purchase order with release dates in the future you
probably want to be out of stock for those release dates beyond your end to
end replenishment lead time at order booking time.  If this is the count
they are after then the count is the number of times an order is booked and
the Available balance is/went negative.  You'll need a mod to capture the
count.

And if the count they're interested in is "out of stock at pick time" it
would indicate they are attempting to set safety stock levels based on the
frequency of the out of stock conditions.  If this is the count the planners
are after then this the number of times a pick list line item is printed and
the balance on hand is negative, or would go negative if you picked this
line.  You need a mod that simulates the picking transaction when
determining this count.

Roy Luce

Main:   847-540-9635
Cell:   847-910-0884