Andrea

If you run a REORG, such as options from SYS/23, be sure to not have any
other folks on BPCS at the same time as these jobs.

Some of the reorg stuff should only be used at a particular point in the
end-month steps.
Example: we run INV970C after INV900C ONLY in a month that did not have a
physical inventory.

Advice from me and others on BPCS_L might supposed to be a bit different
depending on the combination of BPCS applications you using.

We created a menu of the stuff from SYS/23 which shows options IN THE
SEQUENCE we need to run this stuff, excluding SYS120 which we run when a
query shows a lot of records coded for deletion, and also run before CST900
because the time saved in CST900 run time is a multiple of the time SYS120
takes to run.

Our SYS/23 variant menu in sequence has
A CL that runs a bunch of Query/400 listing various potential problems like
all ORDERs with IN USE flag on
SFC990C which runs almost instantaneous
ORD990C which takes about 1 minute

If the problem is corrupted totals on INV300 or negative allocations we
just need to do the next 3
SYS990C which takes about 1 minute
INV971C which takes about 3 minutes
INV972C which takes about 3 minutes

ACR970C which takes about 1 minute
ACR972C which runs almost instantaneous
MRP990C which runs almost instantaneous

BOM900C warning warning be careful what dates you enter - plus this takes a
while to get done

Our menu has little chart down side of options with estimate of run time in
H.MM format and 1-2 character codes on which we run if we only fixing very
narrowly defined problems

Another of our menus (FXS short for FIXES) is intended for resolving
various problems in the middle of the day - some of them came from SYS/23
but most of them via our modifications - normal usage is for  an IT person
to go to the work station of the user in trouble, then run something that
interrogates that work station batch, but the menu also has general
diagnosis options

Rapid access to command line CALL QCMD
Rapid access to some other IBM commands where infrequent users might not
remember what you key into WRKCFGSTS or WRKACTJOB F4 of WRKUSRJOB F4 to get
types of data we often interested in
CL that converts this sign on session to maximum logging (so we not have to
explain to power users how to mess with change job command)
Display who or where is specified Device Address
Display all the places some user currently signed on
Display Log of any recent PC connections using invalid config
List all BPCS data areas that are messed up
List all corrupted shop orders
List all labor ticket batches that have not been taken to a proper conclusion
Mass update Customer Orders to not have "In Use"
Mass update Resupply Orders to be in a completed state
SYS013C to fix tube session defaults when confused mix up
SYS993C fix data area for hung session
SYS708C take a look at the BPCS message file
SYS600C security check (only 2 people in company have general SYS access,
but a number of power users are allowed into selected SYS options)
Vary On / Off communication line for tech support connection
Access BPCSDOC without going through the DOC menu (via PDM)

A lot of this stuff might be contrary to policy at other companies.

-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)
Al's diary http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/
Cure cancer. http://members.ud.com/about/