We are migrating to version 5.2 from version 4.5. We are BPCS 6.04; apr cum;
heavily modified.

Any issues upgrading to V5r2?? Thanks in advance.

Here is what I know for upgrading to version v5r1:

1. Test on upgrade: queries and FORMS. See this web site; pay particular
attention to APAR#: II12963:  Try
http://www-912.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/20300257.  Select "Search
Software Problems (APARS)" from the first box w/ drop down arrow; hit go.  From
the next screen, put in BPCS as the search criteria.  Hope this works out.

2. Everyone who upgrades to V5R1 and has BPCS V6 or V8 must read IBM's Info
APAR II12963 for running BPCS on the AS/400, and then order and install those
recommended PTFs. There are some which have special instructions to follow.
There is a notice in the Product Bulletins section of OGS Online which mentions
further details about this Info APAR. It is very important to do this, or you
will most definitely have BPCS program errors. However, I have not heard of any
issue with data integrity problems at the database level. Many of our systems
at SSA GT have been updated to V5R1 and we did not experience the issue you
describe. Genyphyr Novak SSA Global Technologies

3. > Alma Did you install CUM package C1114510 or later?  Ensure that you do
if you have not already done so.   There is also a database group PTF that you
should get as well.   This database group ptf deals  with temporary objects
building up and eventually crashing the iSeries.  I do not remember the precise
name of the database group  PTF but it is included with group PTF SF99146 for
Websphere.   Andrew From alma: Did anyone encounter any data problems such as
data  being shifted to right by 7 bytes or so, thus  producing unreadable info?
 This started to happen  after our OS upgrade to V5R1.  We also installed the
required PTF to address the enhancements done to some  SQL commands.  Any
guidance will be very appreciated.

4. EDI package extol needs to be upgraded:Release V5R1 of the OS/400 operating
system contains many new features, functions, and other marked changes over
prior releases.  One feature, "Increase library list for an active job",
expands the number of libraries supported in the user portion of the library
list from 25 to 250, and requires some adjustments on the part of most packaged
software applications, EXTOL included.  Support for OS/400 V5R1 is included in
the current cumulative PTF package for EXTOL Integrator Release 5.5.  If you
are planning to upgrade to OS/400 V5R1, contact EXTOL customer support at
800-542-7284 with the date planned for the upgrade, and the current CD will be
sent.

5. IBM APAR's need to be evaluated, especially: APAR#: II12963  Component:
INFOAS400 - AS/400 Information
        Abstract SSA/GT BPCS ON THE AS/400 REQUIRED PTF LIST FOR V4R4/V4R5/V5R1