Since you are a cost accountant, perhaps you should know that there are
several manuals on BPCS Costs.  I have suggested to my management that we
get the manual of BPCS Gotcha's for Auditors, that lists the places where
many manufacturers tend to make mistakes with BPCS.  I have also suggested
to one of the publishers of BPCS manuals that there are some misleading
parts of one of their manuals (I gave them chapter and verse) and it may be
about time to work on a companion manual.

Is there such a thing as Query/400 Manual specifically for BPCS?

From command line I RUNQRY *N name of file then F4 with *YES on bottom
line several times a day.

We have the IBM Manual on Query/400 (several copies in fact so convenient
for different users).
We have some stuff that past BPCS consultants supply their clients, with
respect to lists of BPCS files and tips for Query/400 and SQL/400 in the
BPCS world.

We added our own tip sheet to the BPCS DOC menu, with Query Techniques,
that for each one gives name of one of our queries that does that since
people can forget how to figure efficiencies, inventory availability, date
math, and join-3 can be very confusing, especially for people who not do
these calculations every day.

We also added short cuts to selected BPCS DOCs for example, we have a menu
called COST that has a bunch of reports on it (mainly Query/400) but some
of our modifications also, then there is direct link from there to both the
SSA DOC on COST and the one I wrote on COST which is collection of stuff I
learned from BPCS_L and elsewhere, organized by topic of different things
that can go wrong, or appear to go wrong.

We have a menu option in which end user keys in name of query/400 to a
RUNQRY parameter, and it has *YES on them altering selection criteria, so
if they know name of our query definitions, they can run that query on the
fly from menu without us giving them command line authority.
We sent all *QRYDFN to an IBM *OUTFILE which is read by another Query/400
so people can review list of what queries we have, sequenced by the
description we use for their function, which led to a lot of query creators
adjusting their titles to be more accessible this way.
We sent all BPCS files to an IBM *OUTFILE so we could give end users a
reference list without all the LF that you get in IBM WRKOBJ.
We created a dummy menu that just has a list of files by application that
people most likely need access to reference list when creating queries (not
a complete list, some files deliberately omitted for security reasons).

Hello All:

Does anybody have the Query Userīs guide for BPCS 6.0.02?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rene Lopez Almazan
Cost Accountant
Dura Convertible Systems Mexico