From:   Rob Stagis [mailto:stagis@fansteelvrwesson.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, August 28, 2002 8:40 AM
To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject:        Alternate BOM's

On 4.05CD, is there such a thing as an alternate bill of material?  My bills
are simple - buy one, modify it and sell it.  However, for various reasons,
we'd like to be able to substitute a different component once in a while -
like 30% of the time.  Is there a way, without modifying the master-file
BOM, to request/allocate a different component for a particular shop order?
We're not running MRP - shop-floorf orders and scheduling are done manually.

Thanks in advance - and my apologies if I'm asking a
many-times-asked-but-ignored-by-me question.......