From: Al Mac [mailto:macwheel99@sigecom.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:35 AM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: setting up a new user

Angela

What version of BPCS is this?

In 405CD, the ability to get from one menu to another is implied by
a) If you use SFC as the command to get to the SFC menu, then you need SFC
security.  It may be that another employee is showing the new BPCS person
how to get to SFC500 & that other employee has a different combination of
security.
b) You can use menu options to get to other menu options, without keying in
any short cut 3 letters, but if you not authorized to run anything on that
menu, there is an error message on screen bottom stating that fact.
c) The menus that we create are setup with who can even get to those menus.
d) If you are at a created menu, on the upper right corner you can key
SFC500C to call some CL program to run an RPG program that is not even on
your menu, if you know this naming convention.  A lot of our people have
made lists of the programs they want to use all the time & use this
approach rather than asking for a menu tailored to their favorites.
e) Some new users get confused about what goes up top (short cut to access
a menu such as SFC) and what goes in upper right corner (the actual program
to launch) ... you might ask your new user to show you WHERE on which menu
they are keying the SFC that bombs.

If they are getting to inventory menu SSAI00 from a menu you created, I
would double check that is keyed correctly and consistently with how other
created menus get to BPCS menus ... letter I not digit 1 ... digits 00 not
letters OO

Al Mac

-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)