From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com] On
Behalf Of Chick Doe
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 4:50 PM
To: bpcs-l@midrange.com
Subject: bpcs warehouses

version 6.0.04

when we set up BPCS we were told that it runs best if we set up multiple
warehouses. at the minimum we should have one warehouse that is the
stockroom warehouse and one that is the WIP warehouse. all work orders
are cut in the WIP warehouse. as such the shop order requirements for
component material are also in the WIP warehouse. in order to issue
component material, either manually or via back flushing, we must go to
the stockroom warehouse and transfer the component material to the WIP
warehouse. we can then perform the component issue (again either
manually or via back flush). when the parent part is completed we report
completion on the against the work order, and this puts the parent part
into inventory in the WIP warehouse. we must then transfer it into the
stockroom warehouse.

is this the normal BPCS methodology?  if not, are there better methods?

charles doe
barton instrument systems