Charlie

Hopefully your reply is sufficient for someone in V6 to give you a better
answer.

I am guessing how security works in V6, but for those users who went into
SYS147 & SYS148 who you did not want there, did they have SYS=0 from the
beginning & you recently added those other two programs?

If you have a few users to spare in your BPCS license, it can be
illuminating to try out different access rules on a dummy test user, then
when the test user is in something you not think that user should be
allowed into, check WRKACTJOB 5-view 11-task list to verify that the actual
program the user is running is what you think it is from the menu clues.  I
have found this approach particularly useful from the DOC menu where we
want to give people access to BPCS documentation but not general SYS
access, in figuring out which DOC programs they have to have access to.

There's also a place you can go to alter what programs & files belong in
what lists, that expands the BPCS User Profile significance, particularly
when adding in-house programs to the collection.  It has not really worked
for us, so I have left it alone, but it is possible that some predecessor
of yours has been messing there.

There are some programs that you would only want someone accessing if they
have GLD and ACP and some other application authority & there is a place in
BPCS 405 CD where we can set that kind of constraint, and also mess it up
if you not know what you are doing.

At 01:51 PM 05/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Thanks Mac:
>
>These are the parameters:
>
>BPCS Rel 6.02
>User Sec Type=U
>User Product auth SYS=0
>User program auth SYS147D1=0
>User program auth SYS148=0

>Charlie
>
>I am on BPCS 405 CD & I understand that some functions are different on
>higher versions, particularly how security works.
>
>You might want to post here what BPCS version you are on, whether these
>users are coded as BPCS users or BPCS security officers, and what their
>general SYS access is.

<snip>