Also, with V4R5 CA Express OPS Navigator, there is a plug-in called
VisualExplain.  Also, there is a redbook on the use of Visual Explain.
You can define the files in VE, and then execute the SQL statements.
This will tell you if a full table scan is being done, and if need be,
recommend a LF view.  Also, VE will create the LF, and then reexecute
the SQL statements, and check out the improvement.

DBMON is an effective tool, but it can be a long drawn out process.