Yes your correct, that's exactly what we did and the problem is now solved.
Also, at IPL time, you can select the rebuild access paths option and it
will also rebuild any open paths.  Amazing.................  thanks for the
input

                    "Randy S.
                    Merle"                To:     bpcs-l@midrange.com
                    <rmerle@crowech       cc:
                    izek.com>             Subject:     Re: Sluggish system
                    Sent by:
                    bpcs-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    04/19/2002
                    08:22 AM
                    Please respond
                    to bpcs-l

We had this exact same problem at a client of mine.  After a lot of
searching they finally got in touch with the right person at IBM who had
them run the command EDTRBDAP - Edit Rebuild of Access Paths.  Apparently
what had happened was the access paths for a number of logicals (including
the ITH file) had been corrupted.  This command rebuilds them.  After my
client ran this command things returned to normal.

It was recommended to the client that they run this after hours.  But in
their case performance was so bad that they made they call and ran it
during the day.  It did the trick.

Please check with IBM or your AS/400 service provider before running this
command.

Randy Merle, Director
Crowe, Chizek and Company, LLP
Direct:  (317) 706 - 2614
Cell:      (317) 752 - 5260
Fax:      (317) 706 - 2660

                      RickCarter@holley
                      .com                     To:
bpcs-l@midrange.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      bpcs-l-admin@midr        Subject:  Sluggish system
                      ange.com

                      04/19/2002 07:29
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      bpcs-l

Yesterday morning our AS400 crashed due to a hardware failure on our UPS
system.  The UPS crashed during the early morning hours when no one was
here thus the AS400 also crashed after 30 minutes or so of battery backup.

There were several people at a remote location running BPCS.
We  IPL'd the system and all came up fine with little troubble.   Since
then, the system performance especially BPCS jobs running in QBatch have
performed very sluggish, verrrrrrry sluggish.............
Many Logical files are rebuilding during the submission of jobs.  We
reorged the ITH file as we thought it was the main culprit but it appears
not to be the case.
IBM is being called in on this as I feel it could be a system issue since
Interactive jobs appear to run better.  Anyone experienced anything like
this relating to the need to do something in BPCS or to the logical index
files.

I'm just searching for clues at this point.

at http://archive.midrange.com/bpcs-l.

This message may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not make any use
of, or rely in any way on, this information, and you should destroy this
message and notify the sender by reply email.  Any opinions or advice
contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions in any
applicable client engagement letter or service agreement.