When returning product the vendor, if it has not been paid for there is no
problem.  We do a negative "U" transaction, the quantity comes off of
inventory and is also reflected on the PO.

However,  if the inventory has already been paid for we are forced to
override the "PO is closed" alert.  Then we are able to relieve inventory.
The problem is that this also removes the quantity received from the PO.  It
now looks as though paid for something we never received.

Also, when purchasing keys a second line to the PO for the replacement
product and it is received, we have already paid for line 1 and can't pay
for the second line as well.

It looks as though we need a new transaction type that will affect receipts
but will not affect the PO. Am I right? Is there a standard BPCS transaction
for this?

Thanks,

Richard
903.886.3153x335