From: bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:bpcs-l-admin@midrange.com] On
Behalf Of Dennis Munro
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2002 1:05 PM
To: BPCS-L Mailing List (E-mail)
Subject: ASSET & Page Overflow Question

Ver. 6.0.02 plf,  Mar'98 cume, full client/server

I have a need to change my A/R statement print program & have very
limited
knowledge of ASSET.  Went through the class 4+ years ago & that has been
it.
What we are doing is converting from an "old" 5262 line printer to a
networked HP LaserJet 5SiNX.  When I run the statements as they are
currently defined, my HP5Si printer is putting the last three lines of
the
customer totals on the next page.  Looking through the HP5Si's manual, I
changed the lines per page from 60 (default) to 66 & that made no
difference.   I know DeskJets have an area that is unprintable due to
how
the paper is picked up but I don't see that mentioned in the HP5Si's
manual.

What I cannot seem to find in ASSET is where the overflow is defined -
which
I'm thinking they are back into?  When I look at the printer
characteristics
for the report, I see line 64 is the "last print line of page" & if
there
are no totals on the page, the detail prints that far down before
skipping
to a new page.  The total line is defined at line 59 (SKIP59B) & they do
start printing at that line.  Can I assume (hate that word) that the
ASSET
program is smart enough to realize that if the detail goes beyond line
59 &
has not yet reached line 64 & a total is to be printed, it will skip to
the
from
64 back up to 58 or less get me?  Or does mean that "nothing" can print
beyond line 58 (or whatever line number I choose) ?  I'm used to
defining
the overflow line in RPG & the book just doesn't seem real clear on that
function.

I am looking through the "ADK Developer Manual" for 6.0.02 for my
information.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines.  I especially like the whooshing sound they make as
they
go flying by."  Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom:

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com
dmunro@badgerminingcorp.com
(920) 361-2388