Dee Dee

We are on 405 CD Rel 2 & a pile of BMRs
but INV900 is still hazardous to our health because too easy for:
human to make keying error on prompt screen; or
for us to get into a hassle with the tape drive; and
many humans "don't get it" on not sign on BPCS until INV900 gets done.
(INV900 needs restricted access to some files that BPCSMENU touches.)

We have made a few adjustments to our month-end-process to soften the blows.
Perhaps you find some of these helpful to you.

Our backup is done shortly before INV900.
We have tailored the prompt screen defaults to minimalize what human must key
in.
Our end-fiscal check list includes time estimates how long stuff should run.
We have some IBM Q-sign-ons that are NOT part of BPCS that end-fiscal crew
can use to check on what's still running.
We altered the SAVE file name so that it says the month-year being saved &
what file it came from (instead of using library name as SAVE file name,
which is SO confusing).
There are so many problems with SFC905 that we wrote our own replacement.

We discovered that our green bar paper is 100 pages per centimeter vertical
in carton, so we measure from top of carton to top of paper to estimate how
long printer can run unattended vs. what's coming from end-month spool file,
then select what's on hold & what's printing so we not have to change forms
in the middle of a big report.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838